If your AcuRite weather station not connecting we have the best solution!
In this guide, we’ll go through all possible ways to troubleshoot your AcuRite weather station whenever it refuses to connect.
We’ll also get you familiar with what users think about this problem, when it appears, and what’s the easiest way to overcome this hurdle!
To fix when the AcuRite weather station refuses to connect, make sure you’re performing the syncing correctly and then reboot the station’s display. The next step is to cleanly reinstall the AcuRite app, replace the batteries, and Factory Reset the AcuRite display.
To learn the following solutions in proper detail, keep reading our guide further!
In the upcoming troubleshooting guide, make sure you’re following our solutions as closely as you have to.
The instructions we’ve included will only work when applied in the following chronological order for the fastest and most-efficient results.
Let’s learn what is the best way to troubleshoot your AcuRite station’s connectivity!
One of the reasons that your AcuRite weather station is refusing to connect is that you’re performing the syncing incorrectly.
In that set of thoughts, we’ll now get you familiar with the correct way to sync your sensors to the AcuRite weather station display in easy steps.
- Syncing the devices allows the sensor’s data to be shown on the display!
Here’s how to sync your AcuRite Sensors to the display in easy steps:
- Get all of your AcuRite Weather Station sensors inside.
- Place all of the sensors next to the display.
- Locate the ‘ABC’ button on the back of your AcuRite display.
- Set the ‘ABC’ button to either ‘A’, ‘B’, or ‘C’.
- Find the same ‘ABC’ button on the back of each outdoor sensor.
- Set the channel frequency of the sensors to match the display.
Once you’ve set your display and sensors to the same frequency, you’ll have to wait for the devices to connect.
It may take up to 60 seconds for the display to detect and connect with each of the outdoor sensors you’ve brought inside.
Note: Once the sensors have linked to the display, they’ll appear on the screen of the device.
If you’re failing to get the sensors connected to your AcuRite weather station display, it’s probably a fault with the display itself.
In such situations, we strongly recommend performing a Reboot or even a Power Cycle on the display, to clear up any software issues.
Since the AcuRite display receives power from two sources (the A/C power adapter and the internal batteries), you’ll have to cut the supply from both of them.
Here’s how to reboot it:
- Disconnect the display from the A/C Power Adapter.
- Once the device has fully shut down, turn it on with the display facing below.
- Locate the Battery Compartment on the back of the display.
- Take off the compartment’s cover.
- Expose the internal batteries of the display.
- Take out the batteries and wait for 60 seconds.
- Re-install the batteries of the display.
- Re-connect the display to power.
Once the display has been reconnected to the A/C power adapter and you’ve re-installed the batteries, attempt to sync it with the outdoor sensors. Check if it’ll work.
Note: Follow the instructions in Solution #1 to sync the display to the outdoor sensors!
If you’re failing to get the outdoor sensors set up in the “My AcuRite” app, then you should reinstall the platform to address this issue.
To have remote viewing access to your outdoor sensors, you could greatly benefit from the AcuRite app, available for both iOS and Android.
- Adding the sensors to the AcuRite app allows you to view its weather forecasts!
Follow these steps to reinstall the AcuRite application in easy steps:
- Access the Settings of your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Storage.
- Access the Applications Tab.
- Use the search field to find the AcuRite application.
- Highlight the platform and select “Uninstall”.
- Wait for the app to be removed.
- Re-acquire the AcuRite app from your device’s App Store/Google Play.
- Launch the app and sign into your AcuRite account.
- Attempt to sync/connect the sensors with the application.
By reinstalling the app, you’ll clear up the piled app cache, get the latest software of the platform and even resolve any corrupted data problems.
Note: If the syncing keeps failing, check if the sensors are already added in the “Devices” tab!
If you’re still unable to connect your sensors to the AcuRite weather station display, it’s probably with the outdoor sensors themselves.
If the batteries of either sensor have run out of charge, the device will become inactive until new batteries are inserted.
- The batteries of the sensors could typically last up to 24 months (2 years)!
Here’s how to replace the batteries of an AcuRite outdoor sensor easily:
- Turn the device upside down.
- Locate the battery compartment cover on the back of the unit.
- Uninstall the battery cover of the sensor.
- Expose the 2 AA batteries inside of the device.
- Take out the sensor’s batteries.
- Insert a new pair of AA batteries inside the compartment.
- Close the compartment’s cover.
- Attempt to connect the sensor to the weather station…
AcuRite weather station outdoor sensors use high-quality alkaline/lithium AA batteries.
When your outdoor sensor doesn’t have batteries inserted, it’ll automatically go offline.
Note: While the sensor is offline, its readings on the display or app will also disappear!
If you’re still having issues connecting the sensors to the AcuRite display, perhaps a factory reset could resolve the issue for you.
There’s a way to completely wipe out the software data of your AcuRite display and fix any connectivity problems with the outdoor sensors.
Here’s how to factory reset your AcuRite Weather Station display in easy steps:
- Tap the Main Menu button on the display.
- Use the UP/Down Arrows on the screen to navigate.
- Highlight the “Factory Reset” option.
- Press the Menu button again.
- When you get prompted to reset the display, highlight and select “Yes”.
Once the factory reset has taken place, all of your display settings will be completely wiped out. This means that you’ll have to re-do any configuration you’ve made to the device, regarding the weather info that shows up.
Note: If any sensors were connected as of now, they’ll disconnect as a result of the reset.
If you’re having trouble getting your AcuRite Weather Station connected to the Weather Underground app, we could also be of assistance!
It is well-known that the setup with third-party applications could be a bit sketchy, but there’s a simple workaround for any problem that occurs!
Here are the best fix methods to apply when AcuRite isn’t pairing with the weather underground!
You’re probably adding the AcuRite weather station to the Underground app incorrectly!
Here’s how you should add AcuRite:
- In the Weather Underground app, go to Settings > Share Weather.
- Tick the “Enable Device Sharing” feature.
- At the bottom of the page, tap “+ Add”.
- Enter your Weather Underground Station ID and Station Key (password).
- Follow the rest of the steps to add your AcuRite Weather Station.
Note: In order to add third-party weather stations, “Device Sharing” must be enabled.
You’re probably using the incorrect Weather Underground ID and password while adding.
- On the associated with your account email, check the inbox for the correct data!
When working with your Weather Underground account, you’ll be constantly sent info emails, so that you could view your Underground ID.
The ID code (password) is required for accessing your account and sharing it with third-party weather stations (AcuRite).
Note: Use the “Reset Password” button, on the login page of the app, to get a new ID Code!
The Weather Underground app on your mobile device is probably outdated. Hence, it’s best if we perform an update (if available) before drawing conclusions.
Here’s how to get it to the latest version:
- Access your phone’s App Store/Google Play.
- Find the Weather Underground app in the “Installed Apps” section.
- Press “Check for Updates”.
- If an update is available, hit the “Update” button.
Note: After updating the app, make sure to allow “Automatic Updates” to always be up to date!
Thus, to fix when the AcuRite weather station isn’t connecting, reboot the display and make sure the AcuRite app is at the latest version. After that, add the outdoor sensors correctly, replace their batteries and if nothing worked, reset the AcuRite display.
We hope that this guide was helpful and for more relevant content, check our blog!